Indian Castle Church
Box #172
Little Falls, NY 13365

Located on Route 5 S
3 Mi. East of NY Thruway exit 29A

Contact Person: Eileen Warner
(315) 823-2099

Site Map



Events for 2014

Indian Castle Church with a special display of daisies, June 10, 2008.
Once a year, the churchyard blooms with a breath-taking display of daisies.
Click on the thumbnails below for a larger view. 
The daisies are so thick they almost look like a blanket of snow from a distance.


Below photos are by Allan G. Edmunds.

Built in 1769 by Sir William Johnson, Commissioner of Indian Affairs.

Owned and maintained by the Indian Castle Church Restoration and Preservation Society. The small, simple, but elegant, 239 year old church rests on a gentle knoll with a background of pine trees, and old tombstones. The white church has long kept watch over Mohawk Valley travelers and the church can be easily seen from the New York State Thruway.

The bell tower holds the original bell purchased for the pleasure of the Indians by Sir William Johnson. After the war, the Indians tried to retrive what they considered to be their bell but the clapper sounded the alarm and the neighborhood responded. The bell still resides in the bell tower, the fire in 1979 that nearly destroyed the church, left the bell still in the bell tower. The roof held, the steeple held, the church stood, and was eventually repaired.

Letter of appeal concerning urgent repairs to the church.

Photo of Indian Castle Church during the winter of 2004.

Weddings at Indian Castle Church

Three Rivers website